Welcome to CPC website
The Cameroon Professional Community (CPC) is a registered nonprofit foundation located in The Hague, the Netherlands. It officially came into existence on the 26 January 2013, based on the initiative of a group of Cameroonian professionals with different expertise & specialisation.
The aim of the CPC is to:
- Create a community for Cameroonian professionals resident in the Netherlands from all sectors to collaborate and share expertise to advance their interests as professionals in their various fields. This effort is aimed at expanding the Cameroonian middle-class resident abroad and their eventual contribution to the development of Cameroon.
- Seek to foster social stability by providing and supporting solutions to integration issues concerning Cameroonian migrants and their children.
- Address the tacit and dynamic aspects of knowledge creation and sharing, as well as the more explicit aspects around issues affecting the Cameroonian community especially as it relates to youth and women in the Netherlands and Cameroon.
- Cultivate the culture of scholarship and excellence through promoting the academic pursuits, career aspirations, writing, publishing and artistic endeavours of Cameroonians. Through specialised programmes and events, CPC aims at supporting these endeavours to promote the visibility of Cameroon and Cameroonians in every field.
- Enable its members to take collective responsibility for managing the knowledge they need, recognizing that, given the proper structure, they are in the best position to do this. In enhancing this knowledge generation role, efforts will be made in contributing to the welfare of Cameroonians in the Netherlands.
- Inspire a new generation of Cameroonian leaders committed to using their skills and talents to work towards the development of Cameroon. In this light, initiate and support community development projects in Cameroon and the Netherlands.
- Create a network and liaise with like-minded partners, friends of Cameroon, investors, local and external development actors, relevant stakeholders in Cameroon (private, public, civil society) on issues affecting the sustainable development of Cameroon as well as highlighting the contributions of the Diasporas towards this end.